Our mission is to help people get quality eyecare, starting from home
Before using our service, please read these terms carefully so that you understand them. The terms cover all our services on the web application. This includes our triage service (chat with assistant), monitoring features, directing to the relevant provider tools and other tools which are regularly added on the dashboard of a user which is designed to help give direction to a user with eye symptoms.
Any reference to “My Eye Health”, “our”, “us” and “Company” are references to My Eye Health Limited, a limited company registered in England and Wales (company number 12714744), the registered office being 202 Regal Way, London, HA3 0SH.
Our services are provided from the UK
These terms include what is required from you to provide the Services. You will be asked to accept these terms as part of your account registration. We may update the terms from time to time and if your rights change we will always notify you of this. If you do not agree to, or cannot comply with, these terms as amended, you should not use the website. You will be deemed to have accepted these terms as amended if you continue to use the website after any amendments are made.
We strive to provide you the best experience. If you have any feedback or concerns you may contact use on the following email address:
We would like to remind you of the following:
- We provide information services through our digital tools such as our triage and symptom checker, Dry eye checker and monitoring services. The outcome from these does not constitute medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. If you are concerned about a medical condition or symptom you should always talk to a qualified medical professional. If you feel you have emergency symptoms or a condition you should contact emergency services immediately. Any decisions you make affecting your health should always be made in consultation with a doctor, and not on the basis of our digital healthcare tools. You should always consult your doctor before acting on any of the advice our bot or any part of our website gives you. While our bot strives to give you the best possible information it cannot consider all factors that your doctor can
- Our symptom checker and triage tools may show you a list of possible conditions matched to your input of the symptoms you have. They are derived from the professional opinions of a qualified optometrist. The order in which they are listed does not indicate the likelihood of the user having or not having the condition. The bot may present more than one possible condition. It will share its findings with you via chat and output some advice. If based on your reported symptoms our bot calculates that a possible cause of the reported symptoms is worrying, it will assess the need to visit a doctor with urgency and may sometimes not present a possible condition. As no bot can be a substitute for a human doctor, it may not be able to calculate any possible condition. In such case, we may use the information we have received from you to improve our Services.
- We offer self-care options for minor eye conditions which gives information on how to relieve symptoms and get better from home. This is not a diagnosis; it is only guidance for users deemed at low risk of serious eye problems, detected by our tools and users are encouraged to consult a doctor or optometrist immediately if symptoms do not improve or worsen.
- Our reference of ‘minor eye conditions’ includes symptoms of the following conditions suspected by our digital tools without any experience of eye pain or sudden reduced vision: bacterial conjunctivitis, allergic conjunctivitis, dry eyes, sub-conjunctival haemorrhage (not from trauma), viral conjunctivitis and blepharitis.
- We need certain information from you in order to provide services (see section)
- We don’t take responsibility for laws outside the UK and governing access to our services. Some of our services are specifically designed for use in the UK and if you use them elsewhere you should check in your country or region that it is appropriate and lawful for you to do so (see sections)
- The website is not suitable for diagnosing or managing medical emergencies
- The website is not suitable for unrestricted use by persons under 16 (see section).
- ABOUT US
We provide symptom checking and monitoring services via our digital healthcare tools and information tools. We regularly add tools to our service designed to help users with regards to their eyes.
- OUR SERVICES
The following is what our services cover and what you need to check when you use our services
Our services are provided via our website and communication channels such as email and social media. Our services include:
- the ability to enter questions and symptoms and concerns into our artificial intelligence symptom checker to receive healthcare and triage information.
- access to other digital healthcare tools that provide health and lifestyle information.
- A management-plan which directs users to the relevant health care provider corresponding to the information entered by the user on the symptoms.
- A self-care plan for symptoms considered a ‘minor eye condition’.
- The ability to monitor a suspected minor eye condition to see if symptoms are getting better, not improving or worsening.
- access to healthcare records we hold; and
- access to other digital healthcare tools that provide health and lifestyle information.
- Some medical eye conditions are not suitable for information through our symptom checking and triage service and you should always seek advice from a medical practitioner in person if you are unsure about whether you have been able to explain or communicate your medical needs through our services, or if you have any concerns about the advice you receive from us or if it is different from other advice you have received. All services are currently only provided in English.
- You should never use our services in an emergency, or if you have a condition that you know will require a physical examination.
- our symptom checker and triage tool, provide healthcare information and not medical advice, diagnosis and/or treatment. They provide information to you based on information entered. They do not diagnose your own health condition. They only provide relief options for what is considered symptoms of minor eye conditions only and not for any other suspected conditions. Our service should not be seen as a treatment tool. Our information services are not a substitute for a doctor or other healthcare professional. You shouldn’t take or stop taking any action (such as taking medicines) based on information from our information services. We make no warranties in relation to the output of our information services.
- Our symptom checker will provide different types of information to you based on, amongst other things, the symptoms entered. One possible output of the symptom checker is pointing the user to a suitable next step which is usually the relevant health care provider. Another option could be a self-care plan for minor eye symptoms where the user is given more information and recommendations on relief and direction if no improvement.
- Regardless of outcome from the symptom checker and monitoring tool, as well as any other tool available to the user, we strongly encourage you to discuss any information you receive from us with your GP or usual medical practitioner.
- WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU IN ORDER TO PROVIDE SERVICES
Without particular information and other things from you we can’t provide our services to you
We can only provide the services in accordance with these terms if you provide us with the information we need in order to help you. You must be careful that:
- any information you enter on the website is accurate and in English
- if you have any concerns about the information we provide you or any information in the website, you seek further medical advice
- you follow any instructions you are given on the website
- you follow any instructions regarding the use of any medicines or healthcare products we recommend
- you report any adverse or unexpected effects of treatments we recommend to us
- you keep any medicines we give you securely and do not allow others (especially children) to use them
- you tell us if any of our information about you is incomplete or becomes inaccurate.
- you use our services only for yourself and no one else
- In order to provide our services, we rely on accurate and full information therefore please register only once for use of our services
- REGULATION OF OUR SERVICES
with regards to accessing our services outside of the UK
- Our services are available to all individuals over the age of 16.
- If you are accessing our services from outside the UK, you should check whether it is lawful to access our services in the territory where you are. We provide our services in compliance with UK law and regulation, and cannot take responsibility for any differences between those rules and any different rules applying to healthcare services anywhere else.
- MONITORING SERVICES
- Our tools have the ability to display data resulting from questions asked to you about your concerns and other data gathered about health and lifestyle for monitoring purposes
- Monitoring services are not a medical device nor should they be used for diagnosis or treatment of any condition. It is intended as an information aid only.
- Data may be input from into the tools for monitoring purposes from information entered by you at the time of monitoring, from information entered by you or recommendations given by us from a date prior to monitoring, from tools you’ve used by us in the past or from third party devices or data streams which link to the website.
- Monitoring will offer the display of data only, is limited to the receipt of data from the above sources, does not provide diagnostic or other advice or recommendations, and does not provide a complete or up to date record of your health at any given time.
- It is your responsibility to update the data stored for Monitoring and to ensure that it is current and up to date. We do not update or monitor the data in your account nor accept responsibility for ensuring that all activity through the website is logged for Monitoring.
- Monitoring may show you data and information which is related to you or your circumstances. You should note that such data and information is based on professional opinions and assumptions and is not a substitute for personal medical advice or diagnosis. It will in also be derived from assumptions that may or may not be accurate or applicable to you. No responsibility is taken for any action or omission that you may take based on in connection with or in reliance upon any information shown in Monitoring.
- OTHER LIMITS ON OUR SERVICES
- If you submit details about your symptoms on our website, the information returned is on the basis of general healthcare information and not as personalised health advice for you. Where the information returned indicates that the symptoms entered suggest further medical advice is necessary, you acknowledge that you are responsible for seeking such advice from your GP or other medical professional.
- We may need to ask you for certain personal information in order to provide our services. If you do not provide this information when requested, we may be unable to provide our services.
- The website has been designed to help the general population of intended users. It has not been designed for your individual needs specifically. It is therefore your responsibility to ensure that the facilities and functions of the website meet your requirements.
- While certain information controlled, generated by, displayed within or stored on the website may be helpful in providing warning of certain medical or health conditions or circumstances, our tools are not designed as, nor may you use it as, a device to detect, diagnose, treat or monitor any medical or health condition or to establish the existence or absence of any medical or health condition.
- We may suspend your access to services or terminate your account with us if your use of services breaches any of these terms.
- ACCESSING OUR SERVICES
- If you wish to use our services, you should ensure you have an internet-enabled device and a sufficient internet connection available. We are not responsible for insufficiencies in the internet, data networks and devices which can access the internet when using our services.
- Technical or security threats or issues affecting the above may require us to suspend our services. We will minimise these suspensions, but are not responsible to refund charges or compensate you if they occur.
- When you use the website or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. We will communicate with you by e-mail or by posting notices, alerts, prompts, information fields or other information through the website as is necessary to deliver the services to you.
- We operate anti-virus and malicious software prevention measures on our website but no measure can guarantee to be virus-free. Therefore we take no responsibility that our services will always be virus-free. You should ensure that your devices used to access services are protected against viruses and malicious software. You must not use or expose the websites to virus or malicious software contamination.
- CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may need to change these terms sometimes so that our services are secure and your information is safe, or when we update or modify our services or our charges. If we make a change to these terms that affects your rights or obligations, we will notify you.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
10. LIMITATIONS ON SERVICE PROVISION
- You may cancel your agreement with us if there is a risk of delay of more than 1 week to service performance.
- Events that are outside our control will mean that we may not be able to provide our services. If that happens we are not responsible to you. We will notify you as soon as possible and take action to always minimise interruption to our services.
- LICENSING AND WEBSITE USE
- You are not to modify our tools and website, or any portion of it, except with our express written consent of the Company.
- We only grant you a limited licence to access and make use of our website and tools. This licence does not include any resale or commercial use of the App or its contents; any derivative use of the App or its contents; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- The App or any portion of the App may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our express written consent. Any unauthorised use terminates the permission or licence granted by the Company.
- The website may contain links to other independent third party websites. Third party Sites are not under our control, and we are not responsible for and do not endorse their content. You will need to make your own independent judgement regarding your interaction with any Third party Sites, including the purchase and use of any products or services accessible through them.
11. COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
- If you have a complaint about or services or online tools, we aim to resolve it as soon as we can. Please therefore notify us as soon as possible
- You can write to us via our email address for any feedback
- If any disagreement between you and us arises in relation to these terms, we will attempt to resolve it by discussing it with you.
- We will keep you informed on the outcome of our investigation into your complaint and give you the chance to discuss it with us.
- The agreement for our services is between you and us, and no-one else.